A/Prof. Guillermo Narsilio is an Australian Research Council (ARC) Future Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne and a member of the ARC College of Experts. Dr Narsilio is also the Chair of the Australian Geomechanics Society (Victoria Chapter).
Dr Narsilio received his PhD in Geotechnical Engineering (2006) and his Masters in Mathematics (2006) and in Geotechnical Engineering (2003) from Georgia Institute of Technology (USA). He obtained his Civil Engineering degree from the National University of Cordoba (Argentina) in 2001. He undertook his postdoctoral experience at The University of Melbourne, guided by Prof David Smith, he became a Lecturer at the Melbourne School of Engineering in 2009, Senior Lecturer in 2012, and he is now an Associate Professor. His research interests include numerical modelling, multi-scale porous material characterisation and performance and the (sustainable) energy industry. He and a group of researchers at the Melbourne Energy Institute are pursuing further research on basic and applied shallow and deep geothermal energy systems.
Former members and visitors
- Asal Bidarmaghz (PhD student, 2010 - 2014, PostDoc 2015 - 2018)
- Olga Mikhaylova (PhD student, 2012 - 2017, PostDoc 2017)
- Amir Kivi (PhD student, 2011 - 2014)
- Stuart Colls (PhD student, 2010 - 2013)
- Soudabeh Neshastehriz (PhD student)
- Arash Mohajeri (M Phil student)
- Dr. Fleur Loveridge (Leeds, UK) (visitor, 2017)
- A/Prof Marcelo Sanchez (Texas A&M, USA) (visitor, 2016)
- Dr. Fleur Loveridge (Southampton, UK) (visitor, 2015)
- Dr. Renmin Li (visitor)